Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bonjour tout le monde!

dimanche - Bonjour et bienvenue!  Welcome to French class!  I hope that your summer was relaxing and restful!  I am excited about helping you master French in 2014-2015.  I will be happy to work with you either before or after school.  My regular tutoring hours are Thursdays from 3:35-4:15.  I can stay later as needed.  With one day of notice, I can help any other day except for Monday and Wednesday afternoons or other days when there are meetings. 

In French 2 this semester, we will begin by reviewing all of the French 1 topics -- verbs, adjectives, articles and vocabulary.  If desired, you can select a French name for use in class.  Memorize the spelling of this name!  All students will be receiving the class syllabus soon.  Please have the signature page at the back of the document signed and returned to class by August 20, 2014.  Keep the rest of the document for your reference throughout the semester.

From time to time on my blog, I will pose challenge questions based on websites that focus on a French topic...culture, language, current events, etc.  Stay tuned for more details.  For today, I want to send you to the United Nations World Food Programme site that will help build your French vocabulary while earning grains of rice that go to help those in need around the world.  You can learn some French while helping others.  Click here to access the site - www.freerice.com.  Click on "Change Subject" and select "French" to play.  You can also test your knowledge in several other areas as well -- Math, English, Geography, Art, etc. 

Bonne chance!  Ciao!  Madame Verser